Central Northeast Health Foundation
Executive Director – Temporary Full Time Maternity Leave Replacement
(12 months – Starting February 20, 2023)
The Executive Director reports directly to the Board of Directors for the Central Northeast Health Foundation and is responsible for the development, planning, implementation, supervision and evaluation of all aspects of the Foundation’s programs, including the operation of the Banting Gift & Craft Shop. The Executive Director identifies and develops linkages with communities and with public and private sector donors. This position provides leadership, encouragement, and advice to Foundation staff members and volunteers. The Executive Director is responsible for all major gifts, planned gifts, annual appeals, capital campaigns, and Foundation volunteer development.
- Manages the day-to-day activities of the Foundation within policies established by the Board.
- Acts as chief advisor to the Board on all matters relating to the Foundation.
- Provides advice and guidance to Central Health with regards to fund development initiatives.
- Guides work of office staff; responsible for hiring and written performance appraisals.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops.
- Promotes the work of the Foundation through the use of local media outlets.
- Maintains contact with corporate supporters and actively pursues new opportunities.
- Presents work of the Foundation to Service Groups in the area.
- Develops proposals in support of Central Health initiatives.
- Encourages timely purchasing of approved requested equipment.
- Ensures adherence to charitable regulations as per the Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA).
- Approves all solicitation proposals, reports, and/or promotional/communication materials.
- Prepares and monitors Foundation’s operational budget.
- Oversees management of Banting Memorial Gift & Craft Shop.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned by the Board.
The Executive Director must be highly motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team environment. The position requires strong communication, analytical, and organizational skills. This individual must have knowledge of media and public relations. Computer fluency in publishing, word processing, spreadsheets, financial management programs, and database applications is essential. This position requires an individual who is effective in carrying out senior level responsibilities associated with this challenging role. Due to the nature of the Foundation, tact and diplomacy are required at all times in dealing with the Board of Directors, the communities involved, and the public and private sector donors.
The ideal candidate will possess a degree or diploma in Marketing, Public Relations or Business Administration or equivalent, with a track record in raising funds, mobilizing and motivating volunteers and dealing with the media. Comparable education and experience in the field will be considered.
Cover letter and resume must be submitted by Monday, January 23, 2023 at 5 pm (NST)
Central Northeast Health Foundation – Executive Director Position
P.O. Box 222, Gander, NL A1V 1W6
or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org